Formica123's Formica Rufa!

Detta ämne innehåller 4 svar, har 2 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast av  formica123 3 år, 4 månader sedan.

• Författare
     formica123 
    Deltagare

Hi all!
    I recently found a colony of Formica Rufa with 1 queen and around 500 workers. I have them in a 450L box connected to a smaller dump. They haven’t use the dump yet, but have started to make a small mound, the queen is still in the test tube. They have some pine sap but I haven’t seen them take it yet, and have some eggs.
    I will take some photos soon.
    Thanks

Also, I’m looking for another queen / colony of Formica rufa/pratensis. If anybody have, please contact me!

linus 
    Forumledare

Looking forward to the photos 😀

formica123 
    Deltagare

Everyday they continue to amaze me. They now built the mound even more, and have eaten lots of flies and a big moth.
    I gave them some honey water today, they didn’t seem very interested. But they liked the maple syrup!
    I am getting 4 new queens soon, so I will be able to start my investigations! I plan to be the first myrmecologist focusing only on Formica Rufa 🙂
    The more queens and colonies the better!
    Over n out

formica123 
    Deltagare

They made a big vent today in the mound, it’s to allow air in

formica123 
    Deltagare

I now have 4 new queens of Formica rufa. I gave them some workers from this colony and this morning they have an egg 🙂 So cool! Thanks hagberg!

Visar 5 inlägg - 1 till 5 (av 5 totalt)

Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.

© 2019 Antkeepers

Hem | Fakta | Att ha myror | Myrarter | Forum | Blogg | Butik | Kontakt

Forgot your details?